The Diablo Foothills Regional Park is a hidden gem just over the hill from San Francisco. The place is a new addition to the East Bay Regional Parks. It’s nestled between Walnut Creek and Pleasant Hill, not too far from the Caldecott Tunnel. The park offers paths for hiking and biking, as well as picnic tables for families to enjoy their lunchtime get-togethers.
This is a 1,600-acre park located in Contra Costa County. The park offers visitors the chance to explore nature and hike through acres of beautiful California terrain. In addition to hiking, there are many other recreational opportunities including biking, horseback riding, and rock climbing! Diablo Foothills Regional Park is a great place for families to spend an afternoon.
It is an easy place to go hiking for people who live in the Bay Area. The trails are well maintained and there are many different options depending on your fitness level. There’s a great mix of terrain with rolling hills, open fields, forested areas, and scenic views of the bay. It can be a good spot to take children because they will enjoy all the animals that inhabit this park including rabbits, deer, snakes, lizards, and frogs! If you’re looking for a hike that won’t break your stride but still provides plenty of variety then try out one of these five hikes at Diablo Foothill Regional Park!
Why visit the park:
- Explore your wild side with Diablo Foothills Regional Park
- Experience the tranquility of nature without too much hassle
- Have a blast at outdoor activities and games for your family
- Get in touch with nature and enjoy breathtaking views from the top of Camino Tassajara Trail
- Adventure awaits at Diablo Foothills
- Cozy fireside at the end of a long hike
- Fun and exciting for all ages!
- It’s an escape from our busy, digital lives
Diablo Foothills offers the perfect escape from everyday life. It’s an outdoor enthusiast’s dream with miles of hiking trails, mountain biking and fishing opportunities. There are also plenty of scenic views for those who just want to take it all in without getting their hands dirty! If you’re looking for a new adventure or some peace and quiet- this is your place. We hope we’ve given you enough information to make up your mind about visiting Diablo Foothills – now go enjoy it!
Walnut Creek, California is blessed to have some of the area’s most beautiful and fun playgrounds for kids. Here’s a short list of our favorites:
- Six Flags Hurricane Harbor Concord
- Pixieland Amusement Park
- Briones Regional Park
- Black Diamond Mines Regional Preserve
- Mount Diablo State Park
- The Ruth Bancroft Garden & Nursery
- Port Chicago Naval Magazine National Memorial
- Shell Ridge Open Space
All of these wonderful attractions are located just a short distance from our location located at 1261 Locust St #20 in Walnut Creek! Stop by for a visit anytime!